Monday, August 3, 2009

August already?

Hello there!

Can you believe it's August already? In almost exactly two weeks I'll be taking off on a plane to New Orleans. I can't believe it that summer has gone by so quickly. It's been a really nice summer - I met some great new people, explored both San Francisco and Berkeley, made a little money, learned a little bit, hung out with old friends, watched a lot of Giants baseball and slept a lot. What more could I ask for?

So what's in store for me next year, you ask? Well, I don't know how many of you know this but next year is going to be my last year at Tulane! Can you believe that I'm graduating (fingers crossed) in the spring? I can't! But I am totally excited and can't wait for the year to start. Things I'm looking forward to:

- Moving into and decorating an on-campus apartment with two of my best friends.
- seeing friends who I haven't seen all summer
- orientation (I'm going to be helping out at Monroe this year!)
- Newcomb Big Sisters/Little Sisters (more on this one later)
- Outreach Tulane
- meeting the new community service scholars
- seeing my mentee Myles again
- homecoming weekend
- GWA stuff (I love meeting prospective students... I hope to travel somewhere cool this coming semester to talk... I can't wait until Jeff sends out the city list!)
- Mardi Gras (haha... I know it's in the Spring... but come on! What's there not to be excited about?)

There's probably a lot on that list that I'm not remembering right now because, as always, there's a lot to be excited about here in New Orleans and at Tulane!

So, good-bye summer, hello Tulane! See you all in a couple of weeks!

No comments: