Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tchoup Challenge

At the very top of my list of things to do before I graduate, there stood one challenge that I had yet to do. It's name: Tchoupitoulas.

What is the Tchoupitoulas challenge you ask? At Creole Creamery, a local ice cream parlor with some unique, in-store made treats, they have a massive eating challenge that consists of...

... 8 scoops of ice cream
....8 toppings
.... whipped cream
.... rainbow sprinkles
.... and 8 cherries

If you are able to finish, your name is immortalized on a plaque on their wall and on their website. So, of course, last Saturday while taking a study break from finals, Amanda and Arielle accompanied me as I took up the call to action.

I ended up picking 8 scoops of Cookie Monster (a combination of cookies'n'cream ice cream and chocolate chip cookie dough) with 2 helpings of chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, bananas, 2 helpings of oreos, and 2 helpings of chip ahoy cookies. My thinking was that I would have enough crunchiness to sustain the liquid of the ice cream and that I wanted to eat something I would enjoy. Thus, the challenge began. Don't I look so confident and happy?

Little did I know what I was in for...

Fifteen minutes in, I was feeling confident.... I was almost half way done, and things were looking good.
15 minutes in.


And I kept eating...
And then things went downhill from there. At about 30 minutes I began to lose steam. The ice cream all melted, and the problem was not that I was full, it was that it became too sweet and I was getting sick.45 minutes in.

So, alas, after a valiant effort, I gave up after 61 minutes (Amanda was timing me) with about 1/3 of the ice cream left. You win this time, Tchoupitoulas Challenge. You win.


No comments: