Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Notes on Community Service

As you all probably have figured out by now, I love doing community service. I mean, I wouldn't even be here at Tulane if it wasn't for community service!

So, a couple weekends ago, I had the pleasure of accomponying my friend Seth to an awards dinner where he was honored by Operation Reach as a finalist for a young leader in the community award. It was a really fun meeting all sorts of people in the community who are making a big difference in the community.


I was really proud of Seth who, as chairperson of CACTUS, works hard to bring about change right here in the city!

On a similar vein, I had dinner this past weekend with CACTUS with LUCAP (the Loyola University Commuity Action Program) which is Loyola University's community service organization. A few LUCAP-ers were kind enough to host a bunch of us CACTUS-ers at their house, and we had a delicious home-cooked meal (I must steal Chad's sweet potato/corn/jalepeno soup recipe) and talked about social issues that both of our universities are trying to fight in the city. It was cool meeting with like-minded students from our neighboring university!

Anyways, I have a really busy week ahead with various midterm papers and such, but after that, it's going to be Thanksgiving! So I'm really excited!

I hope you all got your early applications in time!

No comments: