Thursday, December 3, 2009

Po-Boy fest and Thanksgiving things

Hey all,

So, today was the last day of classes! I definitely cannot believe that it's already the end of my last fall semester here at Tulane. I'm getting old.

Anyways, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. I know I did! It was a great break away from school, that's for sure!

One really cool thing that I got to go to before leaving for Thanksgiving holiday, though, is going to the annual Po-Boy festival. Maeve and I headed over to Oak street (like a fifteen minute walk at most) and joined the crowd of people that had congregated on that Sunday to taste some of the finest food New Orleans had to offer.


So Maeve and I, of course, had to get po-boys (which for all of you non-New Orleanians is basically a sandwhich... but infinitely more delicious). Maeve got a cochon de lait po-boy which is a roasted pork sandwhich and it had some coleslaw and other good things like that in it. I got a classic fried shrimp po-boy and it was so good. Notice the emphasis on the so. (Unfortunately Maeve's sandwich got cut off in the picture)


Anyways, it was a really fun afternoon. There was lots of live music, some people dancing, and did I mentioned the great food? Oh. We both also tried this amazing pumpking pie cake which was one of the best things I think I have ever eaten in my entire life from Bozo's restaurant (which we need to find again because that pumpkin pie cake was like heaven in my mouth!)

But now that classes are over. Do you know what that means? Yes, folks. It's time for finals, unfortunately. My schedule doesn't look too, too bad. But it's pretty bad. I have lots and lots of papers to write and onle a couple of actual tests. But yeah. Wish me luck!

I'll be sure to write at least one more post before I leave for home! Good luck with applications, y'all!

No comments: