Monday, March 8, 2010

A lovely New Orleans weekend

What can I say beside the fact that this weekend was absolutely lovely. For the first time this year, it actually felt like springtime in New Orleans instead of the miserable cold we've been having.

And! It just so happened that the nicest weather we've had coincided with Bryan coming to visit me. So Friday night, we went to Restaurant Iris in the Bienville House hotel. It was delicious, and I recommend it for when you feel like splurging on a fancy meal. Then, my friend Regen was having a (belated) birthday party, so we went out with her to celebrate.

Looking pretty before dancing the night away

(It was supposed to be a girls' night, but she was kind of enough to let Bryan tag along since he was visiting.)

Saturday was spent being lazy. And then Sunday before he left, Bryan and I went to the zoo! I have never been to the Audobon Zoo before. So after brunch at Oak Street Cafe (also highly recommended), we took a stroll in the beautiful weather through the park and went to the zoo. And let me just say that the zoo is pretty awesome.

Waiting in line to buy tickets

Obviously there were lots of animals, and we saw some from every part of the globe. I had trouble deciding which one I wanted to take home most (I tried chasing a bird around in the aviary to put in my purse, but it ran away) and decided on a bobcat. So, if anyone wants to get me a graduation present and doesn't know what to get, the answer, my friend, is a bobcat. Good times. Also, did I mention there were lots of animals? Below were some of my other favorites...


Bryan left early Sunday evening.

And then, tragically, it was cold and raining again today. Go figure.

No comments: