Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Crawfesting

Who doesn't love Crawfest?

Crawfest is a purely Tulane tradition that happens every year in April, and it's probably one of my favorite days of the spring semester. It's great! There are two stages set up on either side of the LBC quad with bands playing from 11am to 9pm including Trombone Shorty and The Revivalists (who were my favorite of the day).

The crowd of Crawfest revelers in front of the McAlister Stage

We brought out our blankets and towels, spread them out on the quad, and ate a bunch of free crawfish for the entire afternoon.

Everyone ate crawfish except Amanda who is actually afraid of them. Hah.

Holly showing off her muscles and Crawfest tattoo.

It was a lot of fun, and aside from being a little sunburnt, I had a great day! Hopefully I'll be in New Orleans this next year so that this won't be my last Crawfest...

It also happened that last week was also National Volunteering Week, and Tulane had a bunch of events for that, so I'll put up a post and pictures of that soon. Until then!

No comments: