Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Typical Tulane Day

So, you might be wondering where I was at this turkey day, and the answer is… right here in New Orleans. Now, no, my family did not forget about my existence or anything, but I just have a lot of work to do and it was impractical for me to fly out to California, so instead my mom flew out here for a few days, and I stayed with her in a hotel in the Quarter (which was a nice break from school).

We ate so much good food (breakfast at Brennan's in the Quarter is a must do if you visit New Orleans... try their bananas foster!) and went black Friday shopping, so it was a good time. She left earlier this morning, though, so I have the next couple of days to study for an organic chemistry quiz that I have and for all the finals that are coming up in just a couple of weeks!

Anyways, I wish I had more to write about for the past week, but unfortunately my life has been consumed with very little more than alkynes and spectroscopy (Google them if you must...) But, let me outline to you what I do do on an everyday basis. Here is a little breakdown of what a typical Tulane weekday is like for me...

9:30 AM - 9:50 AM - Wake up (always the hardest part of the day) and get ready

10:00 AM - 10:50 AM - Organic chemistry class (fun for everyone)

11:00 AM -11:50 AM - Physics

12:00 PM - 12:50 PM - Lunch with friends at the LBC (the Thai chicken wrap from Sandella's is delicious... or maybe some sushi)

1:00 PM - 4:00 PM - Organic chemistry lab

4:00 PM - 4:40 PM - Free time (usually spent napping, running errands, typing up emails, calling people on the phone)

4:40 PM - 6:00 PM - Mentoring Myles (Myles, picture below, is the sixth grader that I mentor at a local school twice a week)


6:00 PM - 6:30 PM - Women in Science meeting

6:30 PM - 8:30 PM - Teaching English as a second language classes

8:30 PM - 9:00 PM - Late dinner with friends at Bruff

9:00 PM - 11:00 PM - Hanging around with friends (pictured below, Meghan, Amanda, and I were playing Sorry! last week)


11:00 PM - 1:00 AM - Schoolwork and tying up other loose ends

1:00 AM- Bedtime!

So, this is basically what I do on a day to day basis - not too exciting, but I enjoy it.

Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving! I can't believe it's going to be December!

No comments: