Saturday, January 31, 2009

Amanda's Birthday

On January 28, one of my best friends, Amanda, turned 20 which means that we had to celebrate, of course!

It has become a tradition for a few of my friends and I to eat at this great Indian restaurant, Nirvana, on Magazine Street (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before). Anyways, we were there the weekend before Amanda's birthday per tradition when I looked at the buffet line, and lo and behold, there was someone in the line who looked remarkably like Jennifer Coolidge (think American Pie, Legally Blonde, Best in Show, etc). I turned to my friends (Amanda, Arielle, and Meghan) who also agreed that the woman in line looked like her. Long story short after arguing if it would be rude to ask her or not, Arielle took the initiative to ask if she was Jennifer Coolidge, AND IT WAS! It was really exciting! We told her it was Amanda's birthday (and she wished Amanda a happy birthday) and even took a pictures with us:

Now I can say I've met a celebrity!

For Amanda's actual birthday, though, we went to this restaurant called O'Henry's which serves you a free birthday steak as long as you can show ID that proves it's your birthday. Needless to say, Amanda got her steak:

We just hung out the rest of the night with a bunch of our friends, recalling memories of living in Monroe (6th floor, represent!) and ridiculous hurricane evacuation stories. I think Amanda had a nice 20th!

No comments: