Sunday, January 25, 2009

Audubon Park

I don't know how many of you know this, but Gibson Hall (the original building of Tulane University) is located on St. Charles Street and right across from it is Audubon Park.


Audubon is super pretty, and Tulane (and Loyola) students (as well as locals) use it to run, play golf, or just hang out. Personally, I think it's a great place to study when it's warm or to have a picnic with friends. For my birthday this year, my friends (left to right: Arielle, Hannah, Amanda, and Maeve) we had picnic in Audubon with some food from Whole Foods (I highly recommend the potato salad).


Audubon park is also home to the Audubon Zoo which I haven't been to yet, but a lot of my friends have said that it's really cool. Apparently, they also take the elephants out for walks in the park some days!

If you go through the park and past Magazine Street, you go to this area that's know as "the Fly" which is on the banks of the Mississippi and has a lot of picnic spots. It's just another place to go on the weekend with friends with a frisbee or a soccer ball and some food and just relax. Below is a picture of me, Meghan, and Maxine at the Fly for Maxine's birthday last spring.


I can't wait until the spring again!

No comments: