Sunday, January 18, 2009

First week back

So, I got back to Tulane last Saturday and have been here for a little over a week now.

My classes are really interesting this semester. Of course organic chemistry and physics are still a little too dry for my liking, but both my public health are interesting, and my sociology class is really cool (the professor is really cool!)

Other than that, it's been really nice seeing all of my friends. My roommate, Arielle's, younger sister, Leila, actually was in town for the weekend, so it was great having a third roommate! Leila doesn't want to go to college here she doesn't think (she wants to forge her own path since both her older siblings go to school here), but after visiting it was nice to hear that she will probably apply. Below is a picture of us (Arielle, Leila, me, and Amanda) at a party last night which was fun.


Also yesterday, we had a day of service for the Martin Luther King weekend, and I was a project coordinator which means that I (along with a couple of girls from Xavier University nearby) led a group of about sixty students to City Park and we remulched a path there. It was cool to work with and meet students from Tulane, Loyola, Xavier, and Dillard Universities! After lunch, since we had some extra time, we got a chance to explore the sculpture garden (which is free!) that is at the New Orleans Museum of Art which is also located in city park.

My friend Walt and I had fun posing with the statues:




Well that's that. I am really excited for the inauguration! And also if any of ya'll have applied to Tulane (since I know the deadline just passed), I wish you luck!

No comments: